￼February 26, 2012: AABA signs "Place Branding Program"contract with Synergist Communications Inc.
As well, we are happy to announce "that Blooming garden & art sale" which is on Saturday, May 11, 2013 at the Alberta Avenue Community Centre. For more details on both of these topics, please click the following: AABA Place Branding - Synergist Communications.
The Alberta Avenue Business Association (AABA) is one of the twelve Business Revitalization Zones (BRZ) in Edmonton. AABA represents 190 businesses along 118 Avenue from Northlands to NAIT.
Alberta Avenue is a historic commercial and social center to the neighbouring communities and Edmonton. Avenue businesses reflect the area’s unique ethnic diversity, arts and culture, and community dynamics.
AABA works to enhance the economic well-being of the area and provides a unified voice on behalf of the area businesses in liaising with the City of Edmonton and other authorities. AABA also encourages new businesses to start up in the area to complement existing businesses.
AABA focuses on a number of initiatives and programs designed to promote and revitalize the Avenue, celebrate our businesses and communities. Here's some of what we have been working on, what's happening and what's coming up
- Business and Community Directory mailed out to 12,000 homes and business in January.
- Spring Street Sweep held in May where hired crews swept all of the sidewalks in our BRZ along 118th Ave from 79th Street by Northlands all the way through to 105th street across from NAIT.
- Flower Barrel Planter program where AABA subsidized the first $50 for each barrel purchase by our business members.
- The New AABA News "Clicks" - online monthly newsletter. First Issue June 29, 2011
- Alberta-avenue.com website rejunivation and enhancement by Trinity Web Hosting
- Upcoming 630CHED Radio campaign from July 6th to August 19th
- Upcoming ETS interior bus ads campaign August 15 2011 to October 15, 2011
More events and projects are being considered.