Join the Discussion about the opportunities and challenges of infill development on Alberta Avenue Thursday, January 30, 9210- 118th Ave, 6:30 - 9 p.m.
Infill is the development of new housing in established neighbourhoods. As our city grows and changes, infill housing is happing in communities across the city.
The city of Edmonton is developing a strategy that will help guide the future of Infill Housing. This meeting is an opportunity to make sure your voice is heard and our ideas and issus are included in the strategy.
The Vikings are coming!
The seventh-annual Deep Freeze Winter Festival features the theme The Vikings are coming!
Come join Alberta Avenue businesses and community as we celebrate and embrace our cold northern climate by enjoying artistic panache and authentic cultural and heritage winter games and fun.
Deep Freeze 2014 is this Saturday & Sunday January 11 & 12. Don't miss out on this amazing weekend and as the viking saying goes, Let your memory be your travel bag!
See deepfreezefest.ca for more information.
Residential Infill is the development of new housing in established neighbourhoods. This new housing may include secondary suites, garage suites, duplexes, semi-detached and detached houses, row houses, apartments, and other residential mixed-use buildings.
We want to make sure all our members are aware of the opportunities to be involved in discussions on Infill.
- Attend a public "Infill Talks Forum". Drop in and share your stories and ideas with other citizens and City staff on January 9th at Woodvale Golf Course, from 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Answer the questions in the Evolving Infill Discussion Guide on your own. Discussion guides are available at your local library, at City Hall, or online at edmonton.ca/evolvinginfill
- Complete the Discussion Guide with a group of friends or colleagues. See the edmonton.ca/evolvinginfill for tips on hosting your own group "Infill Talks" conversation.
- Join the online discussion at engagingedmonton.ca.
All the Best for the Holiday Season
ALBERTA AVENUE BUSINESS ASSOCIATION
We woud like to take this opportunity to thank all those individuals who provided their input and support to our business association throughout 2013. We're looking forward to a great 2014.
Joachim Holtz, PMgr
AABA Executive Director
AABA is joining the We Believe in 118 community coalition along with Alberta Avenue businesses and residents to launch the "Shop Alberta Aveneue, Shop Smart" Campaign promoting safety and vibrancy on Alberta Avenue.
The Launch is at Handy Bakery - 8660 Alberta Avenue, today, July 11, from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Come and join us for a great time together on the Ave.
Find out more about Shop Alberta Avenue, Shop Smart at webelievein118.com.
- ArtsCommon - Looking ahead on Alberta Avenue
- COMMUNITY SURVEY
- Alberta Avenue Barber Shops
- AABA signs "Place Branding Program" contract with Synergist Communications Inc...
- Dragons' Den Auditions
- Community Conversation
- Happy and Prosperous New Year
- Rat Creek Press receives Governor Generalʼs History Award
- Seasons Greetings 2012
- PSA - Demolition begins on former Alberta Cycle Building